Taking into account the current weather & flooding situation across the country we have decided to postpone the West Midlands Regional Seminar which was supposed to take place this upcoming Monday, 24th of February 2020 at Stafford Borough Council.
Read more here...
Any homes and businesses left empty are particularly at risk and should be protected against possible freezing and bursts.
The simple actions below will make a big difference once temperatures start dropping:
• Insulate outside taps and exposed water pipes in lofts and outside
• Insulate cold water tanks
• Check that external and internal stop taps are working so supplies can be turned off in an emergency
• If it’s very cold outside leave central heating on a low setting overnight
• If leaving homes and business unattended for a long period, turn off the water supply at the stop tap. Consider leaving the heating on a low setting
• Fix dripping taps – even a small trickle can lead to a frozen pipe.
For more information and videos about coping with cold weather visit: www.affinitywater.co.uk/winter
- To download the Affinity Water communication toolkit click here
- To download a poster with useful information regarding burst pipes and the priority register for Affinity customers click here
Sign up to our newsletter to receive all the latest news and updates.