MAJOR BOOST TO THE CAMPAIGN FOR A RURAL STRATEGY:
The Independent Food, Farming & Countryside Commission hosted by the RSA in its report launched on Tuesday 16th July ‘Our Future in the Land’ has added its voice to the calls by the RSN and the House of Lords Select Committee for a comprehensive Rural Strategy (more to follow)
• Innovate with colleagues from other rural authorities
• Share best practice and generate ideas
• Save time and resources by networking electronically without leaving the office
• Avoid duplication in research
• Keep up to date with current thinking
The networks will be based on professional areas but will also enable officers to link up and work together across functions focusing on particular challenges and areas of interest.
The network currently includes forums on the following topics:
• Local Government Finance
• Performance and Service Improvement
• Rural Service Delivery
This third strand, Rural Service Delivery will provide opportunity for general discussion and more focused networking around housing, economic development, rural crime and planning and communities.
All Officers from member authorities can join one of our e-networks, they are available through the Knowledge Hub.
1. Login to the Khub at:
2. Search for 'Rural Services Network - Sparse' and ask to join
3. Start to benefit from the networking opportunities straight away!
Sign up to our newsletter to receive all the latest news and updates.