We are still here at the RSN for all of our customers and partners. We remain working from home, ready to support you all to ensure that the rural voice is heard at a national level. We'd love to hear from you if you have any queries or want to get in touch email@example.com
There is a growing awareness of concerns about vulnerability felt by some people in rural areas, particularly as reductions in services and support take place. Both organisations wish to see such issues and their impacts properly thought about and planned for.
The prime purpose of the Vulnerability day was to encourage discussion among rural MPs from all political persuasions and to gain support for an informal Rural Vulnerability Group of MPs. There was also an opportunity for companies/organisations to raise awareness of their role with regard to vulnerability.
To download the agenda for the day click here
To download the press release associated with this event click here
To download the factsheet presented in the delegate pack click here
To download the vulnerability booklet associated with the event click here
All the presentations from the day can be downloaded below:
1. "Issues facing Providers of Social Care to Older Residents” (Jane Hart & Jo Lavis, Rural England CIC)
2. "A Rural Response to the Government Clean Growth Strategy" (Paul Blacklock, Calor Gas)
3. "Ticket to ride – Transport as a main problem in Rural Life" (Nick Hubbard, Sedgemoor CAB)
4. "Community Rail at the Heart of Rural Development?" (Jools Townsend, ACoRP)
5. "But everyone’s online aren’t they?" (Dawn Stoddern, Cornwall Council)
6. "SCWG – working together to Safeguard Customers" (Jo Giles, Cadent)
7. "Health and Health Policy in Rural Areas: A View Through the Urban Lens" (Professor Martin Powell,University of Birmingham)
Calor Gas Ltd
Prince’s Countryside Fund
Priority Services Register (DNOs)
Severn Trent Water
Sign up to our newsletter to receive all the latest news and updates.