RSP Member - Youth Employment UK
Youth Employment UK is an independent, not for profit Social Enterprise founded in 2012 to tackle youth unemployment. As experts on youth unemployment, we are ideally placed to understand the complex landscape facing young people, employers, and decision makers.
We are actively tackling youth unemployment by:
- Supporting employers to develop and be recognised for their youth friendly employment practice through the The Good Youth Employment Charter
- Connecting young people to Youth Friendly Employers with our Careers Hub
- Giving young people a voice on the youth employment issues that affect them through our annual Youth Voice Census Youth Voice Census
- Supporting young people with the skills and careers support they need to progress with Young Professional Training
- Providing expert insight across all youth employment policy areas
Young people and their voices are central to our work. We use insight from our network of young people to develop our services and support to ensure it meets the needs of young people now and in the future. Our annual Youth Voice Census allows us to measure where young people are, what they need, and what works for them when accessing work, education, training or NEET support.
Our network covers:
- Over 600 Good Youth Employment Charter employers and providers
- Over 2 million young people aged 14-24
- Over 3,300 educational institutions, training providers, and employment support specialists
- We support 40 national Youth Ambassadors who volunteer their time and share their experiences and voice on a range of youth employment issues
- An extensive network of local and national policy makers including - but not limited to - our network through the APPG for Youth Employment, The Youth Employment Group and relationships with DWP, DfE and Cabinet Office.